By Garry Schalla, Development Director
Mountain Family Health Centers strives to be at the heart of health solutions in the Roaring Fork Valley and our wider service area. The new Basalt Integrated Health Center is a significant step in our mission.
“Mountain Family Health provides integrated medical, dental and behavioral health care for all,” says CEO Ross Brooks, “regardless of economic or insurance status, ethnicity or race, as we believe access to affordable healthcare is a basic human right.”
Mountain Family Health Centers is raising $3.2 million during our fundraising homestretch for the new Basalt Integrated Health Center. We would like to extend a huge, heartfelt thank you to our donors:
$500,000 The Colorado Health Foundation
$194,700 The Denver Foundation
$100,000 Aspen Skiing Company – Caring for Community Fund
$100,000 Vera and Joseph Dresner Foundation
$75,000 Caring for Colorado Foundation
$45,000 United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
$40,000 Gates Family Foundation
$30,000 Robert Pew
$25,000 El Pomar Foundation
… as well as Aspen Valley Hospital, Pitkin County, the Alpenglow Foundation, Eagle County, the Rose Foundation, the Betty Jane Schuss and Donor Advised Funds at the Aspen Community Foundation, The Colorado Department of Public Health and the Environment, the Town of Snowmass Village, and the Aspen Thrift Shop.
The new Basalt Integrated Health Center provides essential solutions to critical health care challenges in the Roaring Fork Valley. Those problems include:
• The skyrocketing cost of health insurance has become unaffordable for working families
• Mountain Family’s uninsured patient population is 38% and growing, adding up to over 8,000 individuals across the valley
• Extremely limited access to medical, dental and behavioral (mental) health professionals who accept Medicaid
The new Basalt Integrated Health Center offers important solutions to those challenges:
• Doubles Mountain Family Health Centers’ capacity in Basalt to provide allowing proactive, affordable, high quality integrated health care for up to 3,700 patients annually
• Adds a full dental team integrated with medical teams and expands behavioral health professionals, all in one location
• Public/private partnership leverages investments for long-term health solutions. Lead partners include
Pitkin County, Eagle County and Aspen Valley Hospital, among others.
You can be a part of the solution. To join the Building Health for All: Basalt Integrated Health Center campaign, please contact Development Director Garry Schalla: (970) 318-8018 (cell), (970) 945-2840 x 7290 (office), email@example.com. Se habla Español.