Do you need a sports physical for the 2023/2024 school year?
We encourage all students who need a sports physical this year to schedule an appointment.
Please note that sports physicals are not covered by private health insurance or Medicaid; they cost $40. Sports physical forms must be printed, filled out, and signed by students and their guardians. Bring completed sports physical forms to your scheduled appointment. Click the links below to download your form.
To schedule your sports physical, call (970)-928-1701.
Time for your check-up?
Our School-Based Health Centers are open year-round offering medical, dental, and behavioral health services. We have five locations in Avon, Basalt, Carbondale, and Glenwood Springs.
Call us for more information at: 970-928-1701
Mountain Family Health Centers has partnered with Eagle County Schools and Roaring Fork Schools to provide school-based health care. Any child or adolescent in our region has access to medical, dental, and behavioral health services at these health centers, during or after school. Our innovative program will saves time and ensures access to care when and where students needs it.
A full range of services is provided to students through the Mountain Family School-Based Health Centers:
- Well child/adolescent visits
- Acute illness/injury care
- Chronic conditions management
- Behavioral health services
- Substance use disorder prevention and counseling
- Sexual health education, testing, and treatment of sexually transmitted disease
- Birth control counseling and initiation and continuation of all methods including hormonal and long acting reversible contraception
- General health counseling to promote healthy lifestyle habits including nutrition, eating disorders, and exercise
- Dental services, including cleanings, exams, X-rays, and sealants
- Sports physicals
- Routine lab work
- Immunizations, including the flu and COVID-19
- Referrals to community health care and social support partners
- Help with insurance enrollment and financial assistance program
GETTING READY FOR YOUR VISIT
For New Patients Only:
- Bring any available documents related to past medical history.
- This is especially important for patients from other states or countries. Mountain Family staff can generally work with local offices to access previous medical history.
For New and Existing Patients:
- Please bring in all medications, supplements, and vitamins you are currently taking in their bottles to each visit.
- Consider writing down any questions or concerns prior to the visit.
- For children under 18: Parents do not need to attend every visit, depending on the child's age, so long as an enrollment form has been submitted by a parent in advance. Please speak to your healthcare provider with questions.
Basalt Middle School
51 School Street
Basalt, CO 81621
Basalt High School
600 Southside Drive
Basalt, CO 81621
Roaring Fork High School
2270 Highway 133
Carbondale, CO 81623
Glenwood Springs High School
1521 Grand Avenue
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Avon Elementary School
850 West Beaver Creek Boulevard
Avon, CO 81620