Reproductive health services provided by Mountain Family Health Centers include:
- Wellness exams
- Cervical and breast cancer screenings
- Initiation, continuation, and education of Long-Acting Reversible Contraception including Nexplanon dermal implant, Paragard IUD, Liletta IUD, and Mirena IUD
- Contraceptive services to include education and access to counseling for same day contraception including oral contraceptive pills, Depo Provera injectable contraception, Plan B emergency contraception, as well as hormonal birth control patches and rings
- Education and counseling, prevention, testing, and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- HIV counseling, testing, and prevention
- Counseling on establishing a reproductive life plan
- Vasectomies are currently being performed at our Rifle and Avon sites at monthly clinics
- Mountain Family Health Centers can help with patient referrals to other hospital partners or specialists
Need help paying for your family planning services?
Mountain Family Health Centers has received Title X funding to help provide contraceptive services and preventive health screenings at our integrated health center in Avon and Gypsum. Title X is designed to prioritize the needs of low-income families, adolescents, and uninsured people, who might not otherwise have access to these health care services. Services are available to patients from adolescence through menopause.
Title X services are available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30am – 4pm at the Avon Integrated Health Center.
Mountain Family offers these reproductive health and family planning services to patients from adolescence through menopause.
Title X is designed to prioritize the needs of low-income families, adolescents, and uninsured people who might not otherwise have access to these health care services.
This page was developed, in part, with federal funds from the Office of Population Affairs grant.
Getting Ready For Your Visit
For New Patients Only:
- Bring any available documents related to past medical history, including immunization records.
- This is especially important for patients from other states or countries. Mountain Family staff can generally work with local offices to access previous medical history.
For New and Existing Patients:
- Please bring in all medications, supplements, and vitamins you are currently taking in their bottles to each visit.
- Consider writing down any questions or concerns prior to the visit.
- Patients may wish to bring a trusted friend or family member to assist with valuable medical history. However, please consider the reason for the visit and consider coming alone in some cases.
- Children are welcome, but Mountain Family does not provide childcare. Please consider the nature of your visit if you are bringing children and consider not bringing them when appropriate.