We improve the health of our community by providing equitable and affordable medical, behavioral, and dental healthcare for all.
To be advocates of health and healing by providing quality integrated healthcare to the whole community.
Who We Are
Since 1978, as others closed their doors to those without private health insurance, we have continued to open ours. From a single clinic we have now expanded into a network of health care facilities along the I-70 corridor from Parachute to Avon, and along the Roaring Fork Valley to Basalt.
As a nonprofit, community led, Federally Qualified Health Center system, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive, integrated health care for all.
We firmly believe health care is a basic human right, not a privilege.
What We Do
Mountain Family currently serves more than 24,000 patients.
We address the needs of our patients and our community by providing sophisticated, whole-person care with an integrated health model. Our patients have access to medical, dental, behavioral, and pharmacy care, with all four services available at all of our health care sites.
We exceed national clinical outcome goals for childhood immunizations; hypertension control; tobacco screening and cessation; healthy weight screening, nutrition, and activity counseling; depression screening and follow-up; early entry into prenatal care; and healthy birth weight babies. We were also recently rated Colorado’s top performing community health system for diabetes control.
What This Means
By reducing chronic illness and cutting hospital burdens, Mountain Family saves the region $18.1 million in health costs.
Mountain Family brings $15.7 million annually into the local economy, including $1.4 million paid in state and local taxes.
We employ 200 local people.
We have contributed to an 84% increase in patients enrolled in Medicaid, improving their access to care.
Mountain Family improves health, increases patient satisfaction, controls health care costs, and improves the working conditions of health care providers.
Mountain Family in Action
We are a team on an important mission.
- It is our privilege and responsibility to contribute to our patient’s health and happiness.
- Each of us plays a starring role in serving our patients.
- What we accomplish as a team is as important as what we accomplish as individuals.
We are committed to providing high quality health care.
- Every patient’s right to confidentiality is respected.
- Best practices for safety and quality guide what we do.
- We faithfully perform our jobs to the high standards to which we have been trained.
We provide excellent customer service.
- We listen to customer concerns and do our best to address them.
- We always remember that patients are why we are here.
We celebrate cultural diversity and pluralistic values.
- We treat patients and fellow employees, with dignity and respect, regardless of background, age, culture, religion, heritage, and personal beliefs.
- Through our actions at work, we show the world how to get along.
We each make Mountain Family a good place to work.
- We communicate openly and often.
- All constructive ideas are encouraged and heard.
- We each strive to be friendly and a reliable member of the team.
- No matter how busy we get, we stay upbeat and optimistic.
We constantly improve.
- We seek new ways to do things better.
- There is no limit to our desire to learn.
- We are flexible and open to change.
Mountain Family Health Centers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center dedicated to providing high quality, integrated primary medical, behavioral, and dental health care in the communities we serve, with special consideration for the medically underserved, regardless of ability to pay. We proudly serve more than 24,000 patients in Garfield, Eagle, and Pitkin counties.
As an FQHC, Mountain Family Health Centers is eligible for Federal Torts Claim Act (FTCA) medical malpractice liability protection. As such, Mountain Family Health Centers is a Health Center Program grantee, under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee, under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).